Wednesday, March 28, 2012

First Round of Testing Done

Our first round of STAAR testing is almost in the books. I learned from a wise man once "Testing days shouldn't be stressful if you've prepared the students with student centered instruction passionatly". I try to exude that confidence on campus. Our teachers work exhaustingly in preparing our students for life, I am very proud of the work that is produced.

We have been using Thinking Maps for two years now, I feel the organization for thoughts and alignment vertically that has come from this is amazing. We have an awesome campus that has embraced Thinking Maps from Pre-K through 5th Grade. I wish we could find out sooner rather than later the results of  student performance in writing.

We will be hosting the Trainer of Trainer Thinking Maps at Morningside Elementary of Comal ISD in  New Braunfels, Tx. Check the link below
www.thinkingmaps.com and you can find the trainings offered in various locations around the country.

I was refreshed at the end of the day when I walked randomly into a kindergarten classroom, the teachers were planning a superhero thematic unit that will close out the school year. Maps will be utilized, writing will be performed, and our kids will be rocking the last day as strong as the first.

Howell Out
@MES_Principal

No comments:

Post a Comment